In our industry, critical machines in the production process require precise alignment to perform to specifications. Too often the alignment of machines is made by hand. If misalignment occurs, valuable operation time can be lost.
The L56SS Bar Feeder Alignment System uses a straight beam of laser light and two targets to center and position a bar feeder carriage at the right height to automatically supply bar stock material to a lathe spindle. The alignment of the center of the bar to the center of the spindle is critical because the bar stock is automatically pushed or fed into the lathe’s spindle in order to begin the machining process. Proper alignment reduces wear on spindle liners and guide bushings, insures correct remnant release and end of bar management and saves valuable setup time.
- An instantaneous set-up using Self-Centering Laser Tools is 95% faster
- The laser beam is straight to +/-.010′ @ 10 feet
- Works with all sizes of chucks and collets – Accommodates bores as small as 1/32″ (1mm) in diameter
- Tool is compact and portable
- Magnetic Spindle Adapter, AP56 – Minimizes the need for different diameter extension sleeves
- Reduces operating cost by saving setup time
- Significantly increases machine availability by 95%
Poorly aligned bar feeders require more energy to achieve the same results – The L56SS Alignment System is the perfect tool for:
- Reduction of maintenance cost, energy consumption and vibration
- Unplanned downtime so production is optimized
- Fewer emergency repairs
Model L56SS Bar Feeder Alignment System Includes:
- L56SS Stainless Steel L56 Alignment Laser
- 1 DT56C Clear Target with 1/8” Graduations
- 1 DT56T Translucent Target with 1/8” Graduations
- AP56S ¾” Resizing Sleeve for Target
- AP56 Magnetic Spindle Adapter
- AP15 Aperture Pack with 1/16”, 3/32” and 1/8” apertures
- 2—4-40 x 1/8” Brass Set Screws
- AP43 Foam Filled Carrying Case
Thank you to Modern Machine Shop for featuring our product – If you missed the article, please follow the link here: http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/is-your-bar-feeder-accurately-aligned
There are no reviews yet.