Underwater Lasers are intended to be used by ROVs (Remote Operate Vehicles) using video images to take general measurements. By paralleling two laser beams that are calibrated for set distances, accurate measurements from video images are possible.
The Sea Beam Laser™ attachment for ROV systems is a plug and play measurement device that can be attached or removed from the vehicle in seconds. The laser accessory projects two vertical “fan” beams precisely 75 mm (3 in) apart for scaling, estimating, or measuring applications. The “fan” nature of the laser beams fills the entire field of view of the ROV camera so that no tilting mechanism is necessary.
The Sea Beam Laser™ can be used with existing VideoRay ROVs and accessories such as a manipulator arm and sonar systems.
Two models of the Sea Beam Laser™ are available and can be customized with green and red diodes or with dots and lines. This will make the perfect scaler for any underwater application.
- The Sea Beam Laser™ with red dot makes the perfect scaler for marine biologist, fish farms, reef surveys and structure sizing – Remember; you don’t want to scare the fish away when you are scaling the reef.
- The Sea Beam Laser™ with lines will be the perfect fit for scaling and dimension sizing.
How Laser Scaling Works:
1. Use two or more lasers spaced 75mm apart.
2. View the laser lines or dots superimposed over an underwater feature or biologic.
3. Apply the 75mm reference spacing to the object for scale size. This minimizes perception errors.
- Solid Brass – Won’t rust or corrode
- WL56 Battery operated – Portable
- Wide Range of Power options – Will work with all ROVs
- Optional laser dots – won’t scare fish